Some suggestions on how to pitch to journalists:
1. Pitch with a very interesting sentence headline (the title and headline needs to capture the journalist's attention and interest)
2. Convey an interesting storyline or something that is impactful. Everyone likes a good story.
3. Be concise and use associations that journalists can relate to. E.g. maybe your startup is the Uber for X or Airbnb for Y.
Some suggestions on how to search for jouralists:
1. Search for big publication's twitter account and find associated journalists' twitter handles. Send a tweet to the journalist. Concisely summarize your pitch in 140 characters.
2. Search for big publication's LinkedIn account and find associated journalists' Linkedin profiles. Send an Inmail. Refer to previous section on best practices in pitching.
Answered 6 years ago