One increasingly more common construction safety measure I've seen edge protection more commonly used on sites. https://australianscaffolds.com.au/scaffolding-for-sale/edge-protection/
- Check your boots and gloves for mud or slippery substances and wipe them off
- Get a foot or hand hold before hoisting yourself up
- Use a step ladder if necessary to make sure you can climb on the equipment safely
- If you need help, be sure to ask. There’s nothing to be embarrassed about if you need a helping hand.
- Avoid hopping up or down on equipment, take your time
Generally there are safety standards (such as ISO) to comply. you can click this https://www.tal.sg/wshc/Programmes/bizSAFE/About-bizSAFE to see what standards applicable to you construction scope.