Danny Creed is Master Business Coach, speaker and author. Coach Dan has over 8,000 hours of logged coaching experience and is the six-time winner of the Brian Tracy Award of Sales Excellence.
Great question. I am a Business Coach with over 8,000 client coaching hours. I've done over 400 business turnarounds and focus on business and personal development of family owned businesses, entrepreneurs, executives and startups.
When looking for a business coach i tell business owners like yourself to use an 8 point check list. Briefly, the points are:
1. ASK IF THEY ARE REALLY A BUSINESS COACH. Today anyone can call themselves a coach, so be sure they're a certified and qualified BUSINESS coach. You wouldn't go to your veterinary for a triple bypass heart surgery!
2. BRAND: What is the brand that the "business" coach is supported by, or, are they even backed by a powerful brand?
3. CONTENT & CURRICULUM: What base do they utilize or do they just ask a lot of questions?
4. SYSTEM: Does the coach have a proven system that they follow or are they just "winging" it?
5. TRAINING: How well trained is your coach prospect? And are they even qualified to work with you and your needs?
6. SUPPORT: Does the "coach" have any "team" of experts supporting their work with you? DO they have Team mates, consultants, experts that your coach has access to for additional opinions and strategy planning?
7. TECHNOLOGY UTILIZATION: Does the coach understand the issues and opportunities of technology and do they utilize it themselves?
8. ROI (Return on Investment): Does the "coach" and their system (if they have one) include the art of being a World Class Listener? (You can figure this one out pretty quick) The must be able to listen to understand YOUR needs before they can really help you.
I would be glad to speak with you if you have any questions. Please feel free to call or write me at my business email at email@example.com for more discussion.